The Richter Center Ambassadors
Since 2008, the Richter Center Ambassadors have been working to make community service a part of the Fresno State experience for all students, faculty, and staff. They do this by acting as:
- Role Models
Ambassadors volunteer their time for an entire academic year to plan and implement campus-wide campaigns to promote service, such as the Picture the Change campaign, Random Acts of Kindness, and National Volunteer Week. The Ambassadors also plan and facilitate presentations and workshops about various aspects of community engagement. Additionally, Ambassadors promote, support, and attend Richter Center events, such as national and local days of service (like Make a Difference Day), Kids Day, the Community Service Opportunities Fairs, and campus blood drives.
Other Ambassadors duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend all RCSL Retreats and Trainings:
- New Member Orientation (FRI, 4/6, 3PM – 5PM)
- Fall All-RCSL Retreat (THU-SAT, 8/9-11/18)
- Fall All-RCSL In-Service Training (SAT, 10/20/18(
- Winter All-RCSL Retreat (TUE, 1/15/19)
- Spring All-RCSL In-Service Training (SAT, 3/16/19)
- Attend weekly team meetings on TBD
- Complete one office hour per week
Learn more about being an Ambassador by downloading the 18-19 Ambassador job description. You can also peruse this blog for more information on the various activities of the Ambassadors.
Download the 2018-19 RCSL application and apply today!