The Service-Learning Coaches (Coaches) undergo training to facilitate service-learning orientations and reflection workshops for Fresno State students enrolled in service-learning courses.
The Coaches team provides essential hands-on experience for students who are looking to enhance their group facilitation skills, gain experience developing and implementing workshop curriculum, and practice developing and assessing learning outcomes. Candidates must have successfully completed a service-learning course prior to working as a Coach.
Other program duties include:
- Attend all Richter Center Student Leader Retreats and Trainings:
- New Member Orientation (FRI, 4/6, 3PM – 5PM)
- Fall All-RCSL Retreat (THU-SAT, 8/9-11/18)
- Fall All-RCSL In-Service Training (SAT, 10/20/18(
- Winter All-RCSL Retreat (TUE, 1/15/19)
- Spring All-RCSL In-Service Training (SAT, 3/16/19)
- Attend SL Coaches Summer Institute (MON-TUE, 8/6-7/18)
- Attend weekly meetings (date and time TBA)
- Facilitate service-learning orientations and reflection workshops
- Develop workshop curriculum in partnership with program advisors
- Conduct in-service check-ins with workshop participants
- Submit monthly reflection forms
- Other duties, as assigned
Learn more about being a SL Coach by downloading the 18-19 SL Coaches job description.
Download the 2018-19 RCSL Application and apply today!